Licensing Works!® Expands New Licensing Programs For Mundo Lanugo®
As Mundo Lanugo® Surpasses 27 Million Views on YouTube
Licensing Works! Seeks Licensing Partners for Christmas 2017
January 11, 2017 (Miami, FL) — Licensing Works!® is expanding the Mundo Lanugo® licensing program initiatives for client Lanugo, Inc. The multi-platform Spanish language preschool property just exceeded 27 million views on its YouTube channel and increased all metrics throughout 2016, including watch time, subscribers, and engagement.
In December, a robust line-up of Mundo Lanugo Christmas carols (“villancicos” in Spanish) were released resulting in Mundo Lanugo becoming the preferred Latino Christmas brand for children. Licensing Works!® is expanding its outreach and currently seeking licensing partners for Christmas 2017 merchandise that will include plush, books, toys, games, music, ornaments, apparel, packaged grocery, live touring shows and in-store promotional programs.
Co-creator Carla Curiel said, “We have set up a strong pent-up demand for Mundo Lanugo which we will support for Christmas, 2017 – Three Kings Day (Jan 6th, 2018) with merchandise and promotions.” Curiel continued, “We were inundated with requests over the last several months for Mundo Lanugo Christmas products and are now seeking the best partners to continue to satisfy this now proven consumer appetite.”
Subscribers to the Mundo Lanugo YouTube Channel now number over 37,000, with a gain of over 20,000 in the month of December. Previously averaging 1,500 unique new subscribers weekly, the Mundo Lanugo channel grew by 5,000 unique new subscribers weekly in December. Minutes watched in December 2016 increased to 30 million minutes watched.
Leslie Levine, Owner and Founder of Licensing Works!®, commented, “Mundo Lanugo content covers food & manners, games & ingenuity, stories & imagination, art & creativity and music & happiness which has helped frame the targeted product categories, regional and national promotions for launch Holiday 2017.” Levine continued, “There needs to be more culturally relevant product available to the 75% of families choosing to speak Spanish at home – Mundo Lanugo® provides the perfect platform to share Christmas values and build new family traditions within the Hispanic community.”
Other major milestones for Mundo Lanugo this past year, include:
- MAY – Mundo Lanugo joined the Saturday Morning TV Line-up on Univision’s Planeta U kid’s programming block.
- JULY – Google commissioned three Mundo Lanugo animated shorts promoting computer sciences that will launch in March, 2017.
- SEPTEMBER – Mundo Lanugo was a “Best Latino Picture Book” Award-Winner from Latino Literacy Now’s International Latino Book Awards, the largest awards in the US celebrating achievements in Latino literature.
- OCTOBER – Mundo Lanugo App reached 40,000 + organic downloads and secured Samsung and Fingerprint partnerships.
- OCTOBER – Mundo Lanugo was selected as the exclusive YouTube Kids Curator for the US and LATAM during Hispanic Heritage Month.
- DECEMBER – The Mundo Lanugo song, Burrito Sabanero (My Little Savanna Burro), was the #2 most watched cover on YouTube, which now has over 18 million views.
- DECEMBER – A redirect test from the Mundo Lanugo YouTube Channel to the Mundo Lanugo Christmas app resulted in 500,000+ hits on the app store.
This January, 2017, as part of the New Year celebrations, Mundo Lanugo was once again featured at Macy’s in an expanded Three Kings celebration for the fourth consecutive year.
About Lanugo, Inc.: Mundo Lanugo® is the first property of Lanugo, Inc., a multi-media entertainment company created to inspire pride, confidence and a sense of belonging to the underserved Latino Preschool Market. Digital platforms, broadcast television (both live-action and animated), publishing, and live shows are produced to connect children to their Latino culture and promote the Spanish language while building children’s self-esteem and identity. For more information, visit: www.MundoLanugo.com
About Licensing Works!: Licensing Works!® represents the creators and owners of intellectual property for merchandise licensing and promotions including some of the world’s most well-known brands. For more information, visit: www.licensingworks.us/