LIMA UK Announces Speaker Lineup for Annual Licensing Essentials Course
LIMA will host its annual UK Licensing Essentials Course on 4th May at the prestigious venue of the historic Long Room at Lord’s Cricket Ground, Marylebone, in London. Among the timely topics to be covered during this full day of education and networking is “Managing Licensing Programmes at Retail” along with a close look at several key licensing sectors, including entertainment, brands and art & design licensing. The Licensing Essentials Course will feature seminars on best practices, , new opportunities in the industry, current trends and more, creating a relevant slate of topics for licensing professionals at every level of their career.
Kelvyn Gardner, Managing Director of LIMA UK, will kick off the day with an Introduction to Licensing session. Featured Licensing Essentials speakers include:
- Ashley Holman and Donna Davis, Nickelodeon – Managing Licensing Programs at Retail
- Paul Bufton, Warner Bros. – The Role of the Licensor
- Gabrielle Simms, IMG – Licensing Brands
- Gurminder Panesar, Wiggin – Essential Legal KnowHow
- Stuart Burns, Fisher Forensic – Essential Financial Know-How
- Gary Pope, Kids Industries – How Children and Their Parents Respond to Retail Environments
- Dan Grant, Danilo – Making Licensing Work for Manufacturers
The second segment of this action-packed day begins at 5pm with the annual Legendary Licensing Debate – a lively discussion on licensing, ‘Question Time’ style. Following the debate will be the UK’s first networking event of the year, the annual Spring Fling Party. Last year’s event drew over 150 senior industry executives.
Gardner comments: “In one day, participants will get enough information to understand how licensing works, how to go about it, the resources they need and who they need to work with – as well as exclusive insights into trends not available anywhere else. Our Spring Fling networking party in the evening also gives people the opportunity to build valuable business relationships, discuss important issues and catch up with contacts. Do not miss it!”
Early-bird prices start from £260 for the full day and £40 for the Spring Fling