LIMA UK Announces Licensing Essentials Course Line-Up
Tapping into the mega marketplace of India, understanding how children interact with digital media and profiting from licensing as a retailer are just some of the topical subjects being covered at this year’s Licensing Essentials Course, which is being run by LIMA UK on 17th May at the five-star Wyndham Grand Hotel in Chelsea Harbour, London.
Now established as the outstanding one-day education event in licensing, the Licensing Essentials Course brings together some of the industry’s leading lights to deliver an engaging programme of seminars covering best practice, new trends and essential licensing know-how. The course is suitable for all levels: from complete beginners in licensing to those who want insider knowledge on where the next big trend is coming from.
Speakers for the course have now been confirmed as follows:
- Mark Kingston, VP Licensing for Nickelodeon UK – on how a major licensor develops and implements a licensing strategy
- Charles Berstein of leading high-street chain Clintons – on how retailers can best profit from licensing
- Chris Rodman of Topps Europe – on making licensing and distribution work in emerging mega-market, India
- Gary Pope of Kids Industries – on how children intereract with the new generation of digital media and smartphone apps
- Max Arguile, Licensing Manager, GB Eye - on successful licensing from a licensor’s perspective
- Denise Penn, Commercial Director, Dependable Solutions – on keeping your whole team onside to reach your licensing goals
- Henna Riaz, Managing Partner, 360 Audit on financial know-how
- John Burns, Partner, Gateley Solicitors on legal essentials
The event is followed by the ever-popular Legendary Licensing Debate and Spring Fling networking party – one of the industry’s hottest tickets of the year. The full panel for the licensing debate will be announced in due course.
Kelvyn Gardner, Managing Director of LIMA UK, comments: “In one day you can learn all the essential facts needed to empower your licensing career. Our powerful line-up of speakers is complemented by the networking opportunities presented at the evening’s Spring Fling party, attended last year by over 170 licensing professionals. Add in the sophisticated location in Chelsea Harbour, and you have the perfect learning event for 2012.”
The 2012 Licensing Essentials Course is now open for booking. Call Saphia Maxamed, LIMA Membership Services Manager on +44 1908 802 863 or email email@example.com to reserve a ticket. Register online at www.licensing.org/uk/springfling.