India Licensing Exhibition 2018 Conference Agenda
10:00 – 10:40
INAUGURAL SESSION Reimagining the retail paradigm in India
With India beginning to “realize” the power of brands and nostalgia in retail, Indian retail fraternity is finding newer ways to engage with the consumers, consumer products segment being one of those. Pushing boundaries beyond the conventional ways, retailers are joining forces with entertainment, character, sports and celebrity brands to rake moolah. The session will cover
- The changing face of retail in India
- Using brand pull to tap the Gen Y
- The big play of brand licensing: intersection of retail and brand connect
- Global trends re-shaping in Indian economy
- New Licensing Opportunities to watch out for
10:40 – 11:00
SESSION 1 Keynote -The future of TV in India
11:00 – 11:50
SESSION 2 The New Digital Entertainment Ecosystem
This talk will provide expert insight to the new digital entertainment ecosystem with a focus on building brands, creating captivating content, and unlocking value at scale.
- Entertain me or Else: How to Win the Battle for GenY and gen Z time & attention?
- Repacking Yesterdays’ entertainment for 21st century audiences
- Increasing availability of localized content – Is this a game changer for entertainment industry?
- Navigating the rapidly changing viewership scenario – from ‘inform’ to ‘entertain’
- Creating a holistic content marketing strategy
- Getting personal –. Can personalization be scaled? Building IP’s around short-form video and
- Brilliance can come from any source in today’s entertainment industry – podcast, social media-shared video, or a plain old TV show or film.
- Fast & Furious: Maximizing overnight sensation IP creation.
- Movies and music on Facebook and Instagram
- Evaluating impact driven by YouTube and digital influencers
- The New age of Hit making
11:50 – 12:00 Tea Break
12:00 – 12:30
SESSION 3 The State of Stream
Entertainment-on-demand has built a complex streaming economy, with a new group of media
power players calling the shots. Business strategies vary wildly. User-generated content mixes with
premium offerings across platforms. The streaming elite debate what’s next.
12:30 – 1:15
SESSION 4 Building the Cult Fashion
Penetrating deeper into consumers mind: the dynamics of addressing demand or creating it
- Why Menswear Is Having a Moment
- How to Get Your Fashion Label Off the Ground in record time
- The Power of Influence(R)
- Limited editions and capsule collections
- To be Celebrity Led in the World of Fashion
- From reverence to relevance – Using the power of brands and pageants to build assets
- The Intersection of Fashion, Technology + Experiential Travel
1:15 – 2:00 LUNCH
2:00 – 2:45
SESSION 5 The Future of Sports
Influencing the consumer beyond the thrill of the game
- Digital is where the future lies – reimagining the channel of engagement
- Sports Teams and the Digital Fan Experience – Driving Engagement and Cut-Through
- Cultivating Creativity: The Mass Impact of Innovation in Sports
- Teamwork beyond the Field: Value-Driven Partnerships
- The Big Business of Sport: A Brand Perspective
- Sports as Theatre : Reimagining The Biggest Stage
- Sports League and Sports Deals
- The Borderless Business of Sporting Spectacles
2:45 – 3:15
SESSION 6 Keynote: How to go from Reverence to Relevance?
SESSION 7 Reimaging, Rediscovering and Reinventing Your Brand
- How to make your brand voice more conversational
- Re-inventing the business towards a new, digital-centric organization
- Staging a Brand Rebellion by Embedding influencers in every stage of Consumer journey
4:00 – 4:45
Session 8: Brand + Licensing – The Way Forward?
This session will give insights into how an amalgamation of brands and licensing is a win-win formula
- How Brand + Licensing paving way for new innovations?
- New properties, new IPs, innovative categories and licensing
- How licensing is evolving in Indian market
- Progressing with the needs & wants of new-age consumer
- Unconventional licensing deals in India
SESSION 9: Licensing from the lenses of Indian Market
Given the mammoth potential of brand licensing as a business strategy, a plethora of home grown
brands are exploring opportunities with their IPs. This session will give insights into how home-grown
brands are evaluate their IPs for extension.
- How licensing works in India market vis-à-vis global markets
- The curve of ‘unlearn’ and ‘re-learn’ in India
- Sectors that have taken a leap with licensing
- Home grown, home licensed
- Case studies of licensing done right in Indian markets
- Going global with local IPs