Board of Directors
Elections for the LIMA Board of Directors are conducted every Spring, with new terms beginning every July 1. The Nominating Committee develops a slate of candidates that is considered and ultimately approved by the sitting Board, and then voted on by the LIMA membership. Results are announced at the Annual LIMA Membership Meeting held each June during Licensing Expo.
LIMA By-Laws provide that there can be no fewer than 15 sitting Board members, with a minimum of two Licensors, two Licensees, two Support Members, and one “non-resident, non-citizen of the United States for the purpose of providing representation on the Board for non-citizens.” At least two “at-large” Members may be selected from any of the above categories.
At each Annual Meeting, a number of Directors equal to the number needed to meet the 15 Board minimum are elected for a term of three years. A Board Member who has completed their term is not eligible for re-election for a period of at least three years from the end of their previous service, with the exception of the Chairman and/or Vice-Chairman who can continue on the Board through the completion of their elected term as Chairman and/or Vice-Chairman. All Directors are required to attend four yearly Board meetings either in person or by phone. In addition, they are required to volunteer and participate in one of the many committees that help to govern LIMA.
In order to be considered a candidate to run for a Director position, one must have demonstrated a history of support for LIMA through active membership and involvement in the Association. Criteria to run for Board positions include:
- Enthusiasm and passion for the licensing industry
- Active LIMA membership for the past three years
- A proven commitment to LIMA through any of the following channels for at least one year:
- Participating as a Regional Representative
- Volunteering for a Committee
- Serving as a moderator or panelist at a LIMA seminar or program
- Contributing articles for The BottomLine or blog posts for the LIMA website
- Mentoring for Certificate of Licensing Studies students
For those interested in serving, information on the LIMA Board nominations is sent to our members each Spring.Meet the Current LIMA Board