The LIMA Asian Licensing Awards: Criteria & Categories
Preparing Your Entry
The following are eligible for entry:
- Licensing Agents
- Retailers Who Sell Licensed Product
- Promotions That Utilized Licensed Properties and/or Licensed Product
- Locations or Events that utilized Licensed Properties
Program, product, or promotion must involve one specific licensed property and must have been available at retail during 01 October 2016 through 30 September 2017. Entry into multiple categories is permitted. The deadline for receipt of submissions is Monday, 25 September 2017. Entries will not be accepted after this date.
In order to be considered:
- You must use the official LIMA Online Nomination Form which can be found at http://awards.limachina.org/. Hard copies, faxes and e-mail versions will not be accepted.
- You must write a short statement of up to 300 words explaining to the Awards Committee why you believe your entry is deserving of recognition on the LIMA Asian Licensing Awards Ballot. Awards criteria includes:
- Creativity, Originality, and Innovation – What was special about the property, product, or promotion?
- Marketplace Acceptance – How well was the product, program, or promotion received in the marketplace in terms of placement, sell-through or achievement of other goals?
Note: You should include only the most important and relevant information that will support your nomination. The inclusion of retail sales dollars and number of doors are very helpful to the Committee when considering your entry. This information will be kept confidential and will not be released.
- If your entry is selected, you will be required to prepare a paragraph of up to 100 words describing the highlights and success of your entry. This statement will be included with the ballot to help the voters make their choices.
- Provide up to three (3) high-resolution (300 dpi), maximum 2MB digital image in landscape orientation of your property or product in JPEG format. If your entry is selected for the ballot, this image will be included in the Online Voting Form and during the Awards Ceremony. Your submission will not be considered without an image.
Categories of Entry
The panel of licensing experts will review and score each entry. Up to five entrants will be placed on the ballot.
You may enter in any of the following categories – a separate online entry must be submitted for each category you enter:
- Asian Property of the Year
- Corporate Brand /Fashion/Lifestyle Program of the Year
- Digital Property of the Year
- Entertainment Property of the Year
- Licensed Promotion of the Year
- Licensee of the Year
- Location-Based or Experiential Initiative of the Year
- Retailer of the Year
Winners will be announced at the LIMA Asian Licensing Awards Ceremony and Cocktail Reception held during Hong Kong International Licensing Show 2018 on Monday, 08 January 2018.
Asian Property of the Year
This award recognizes licensing excellence, creativity, and innovation for a licensed property developed by an Asian based company or individual with respect to the property’s primary origin, content, design and/or materials. The property must also have at least one (1) active licensee, and have product that is or has been sold or given away at retail, or available through any other consumer distribution channel anytime during the qualifying period.
Corporate Brand /Fashion/Lifestyle Program of the Year
This award recognizes licensing excellence, creativity, and innovation for corporate brand, fashion or lifestyle properties, in one or more Asian territory(ies).
Digital Property of the Year
This award recognizes licensing excellence, creativity, and innovation for programs based on apps and video games. The category does not include YouTube channels and scripted online shows.
Entertainment Property of the Year
This award recognizes licensing excellence, creativity, and innovation for entertainment properties supported by a feature film, television show, publishing, direct-to-video or during the qualifying period, in one or more Asian territory(ies). (Please note that events that are staged for public attendance that are also broadcasted via any form or electronic method such as television, webcast or cellular phone e.g., sports events, music concerts, etc. are not eligible to compete in this category)
Licensed Promotion of the Year
This award recognizes the most outstanding use of a licensed property to promote a different product or service in one or more Asian territory(ies). This does not refer to the promotion or launch of a licensed property or product itself. Limited to one submission per property.
Licensee of the Year
This award will recognize manufacturers for one specific property of their own choosing. One licensed property per entry. The licensee or retailer must have achieved meaningful sales and/or distribution of at least one (1) current licensed product that is or has been sold or given away at retail, or available through any other consumer distribution channel anytime during the year 2016-2017, in one or more Asian territory(ies).
Location-Based or Experiential Initiative of the Year
This award recognizes the most outstanding use of a licensed property at a location or event, in one or more Asian territory(ies).
Retailer of the Year
This award is presented to the retailer that has demonstrated the highest degree of a creative merchandising campaign based on one licensed property, with outstanding sell-through of licensed product, in one or more Asian territory(ies).