LIMA Names New Executives to Board of Directors
LIMA is pleased to announce the election of five new members to its Board of Director for the industry’s global trade organization. Terms are for three years beginning on July 1, 2017. In addition, Cindy Levitt, SVP Merchandise & Marketing, Hot Topic, was re-elected as Vice Chairman; and Ted Larkins, SVP/General Manager, CPLG North America was re-elected as Board Designate to the Executive Committee, each for one-year terms. Ciaran Coyle, Global Vice President & Head, Global Brand Licensing, Electrolux Global Marketing, continues as LIMA Board Chairman.
The LIMA Board of Directors for 2017 are as follows:
- JJ Ahearn – Managing Director, Licensing Street, LLC
- Marc Mostman – Partner, Striker Entertainment
- Celso Rafael – General Manager, Exim Character Licenciamento e Marketing Ltda.
- Steven Scebelo – Vice President, Licensing & Business Development, NFL Players Association
- Jamie Stevens – Executive Vice President, Worldwide Consumer Products, Sony Pictures Entertainment
“This year we welcome five dynamic individuals who will bring valuable perspective and enthusiasm to an already impassioned group of industry leaders,” said LIMA President Charles Riotto. “LIMA and the licensing industry continue to grow on a global scale, and we are well poised with our Board of Directors to truly shape the future.”
Adds Coyle: “I am very pleased to have such an enormously talented and diverse group of board members lending their expertise to LIMA as we seek new opportunities to serve the evolving needs of the global licensing community.”
Returning to the Board of Directors are:
- Jay Asher – Partner, Brandgenuity
- Richard Barry – EVP, Global Merchandising Officer, Toys”R”Us, Inc.
- David Buckley – President, Copyrights Asia Limited
- Andrew Carley – Head of Global Licensing, Entertainment One
- Elise Contarsy – Vice President, Brand Licensing, Meredith Corporation
- Eric Karp – GM, Outbound Licensing, Crayola, LLC
- Linne Kimball – Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, The Life is Good Company
- Kelly Knock – Licensing Lead/Category Manager, Global Licensing, Under Armour
- Maria Del Carmen (Maca) Rotter Alday – CEO, Panaderia Licensing & Marketing
- Neal Rudge – Partner, Pacific Licensing Studio Pte. Ltd.
- Leigh Anne Schwarzkopf – Co-Founder, Project Partners Network
Greg Battersby of The Battersby Law Group remains General Counsel.
LIMA Board members whose terms expired this year are Henry Stupp, CEO, Cherokee Global Brands; Tim Kilpin, President & CEO, Activision Blizzard Consumer Products; and John Parham, President, Parham Santana.
To qualify for Board service, a LIMA member must be an active participant in the licensing industry for a minimum of five years as well as involved in one or more LIMA activities during the past three years. All candidates were required to submit a letter to the LIMA Board of Directors describing their qualifying activities and what they would contribute to the Association and the industry as a Board member.