April 13, 2017
Type of Employment
About the CompanyThe RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The Licensing Assistant’s role sits within the Enterprise Department as support for the Licensing Manager. The Enterprise Department’s primary purpose is to generate income for the Society through commercial activity and the Licensing team do this through licensing out the Society’s intellectual property for use on product.
The Licensing team have a portfolio of approximately 25 licensees and our products range from branded pet beds and accessories to branded calendars, cards and stationery. The Licensing team’s key role is to support and to grow existing licensing relationships but also to source new partners and maximise the branded product opportunity.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Job DescriptionJob title - Licensing Assistant
Location: Enterprise Department, RSPCA HQ, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, RH13 9RS
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (35 hours per week however we would consider part-time for the right candidate)
Closing date: Friday 12th May 2017 at 5pm
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Monitoring the licensee contract list to ensure all agreements are up to date and accurately reflect activities.
- Monitoring trading income from licensing and cause related marketing promotions ensuring royalties are paid in accordance with individual contracts.
- Coordinating approvals, ensuring all products meet the RSPCA branding and licensing style guidelines.
- Assisting in the account management of larger licensing agreements and CRM promotions and account manage relationships as delegated by the Licensing Manager.
- Coordinating attendance at events and trade shows representing the RSPCA to assist in attracting new contractual agreements
- Keeping the licensing webpages and sales materials up to date with topical news and accurate facts and figures
-Maintaining licensee records and respond to licensee enquiries.
Job RequirementsThe successful applicant should have (qualifications etc):
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent or able to demonstrate similar literacy and numerical aptitude
- Proven administration experience
- Previous relationship/account management experience
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Proven logistical organisation experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communicator able to influence and negotiate
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and project planning skills
- High attention to detail
- Competent negotiator
- Solid knowledge of Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Personable and approachable
- Flexibility and self motivation
- Problem solver
- Collaborative working style
- Creative flair
- Positive attitude
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to undertake planned travel including overnight stays and weekend working.
- UK driving license
How to ApplyAn application form and job description can be downloaded from the RSPCA's jobs webpage: www.rspca.org.uk/jobs
Please send your completed application form alongside your CV to the above address by the closing date of 5pm on 12th May 2017. Please note CVs will not be accepted unless they are accompanied by an application form.
Interviews will be held on the 24th and 25th May 2017 at RSPCA HQ, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, RH13 9RS