March 18, 2017
Massachusetts, United States of America
Type of Employment
About the CompanyLife is Good is a 21-year-old privately-held positive lifestyle brand. Founded by brothers Bert and John Jacobs, our foundational belief is that optimism is not a soft philosophy, but a pragmatic strategy for living a happy and fulfilling life. Today, our primary product line is casual apparel for Men, Women, and Kids. A minimum of 10% of our annual net profit goes to helping kids overcome poverty, violence, and severe medical challenges. The Life is Good Kids Foundation positively impacts the lives of more than 100,000 children a day. Life is Good is currently undergoing strategic evolution with the intent of extending our brand into new industries and partnerships well beyond apparel.
Mission: To Spread the Power of Optimism.
Values: The “Superpowers” are the Life is Good core values - Openness, Courage, Simplicity, Humor, Gratitude, Fun, Compassion, Creativity, Authenticity, and Love. Each is most effectively activated from a foundation of optimism. When practiced together, their unique sum total is the best humanity has to offer.
Vision: A global community of people living happy and fulfilling lives.
Job DescriptionYOUR OBJECTIVE
To identify, secure and manage relationships with the current and future licensing and strategic partners who most effectively meet all of our partnership criteria: fuel the Life is Good brand awareness, grow market reach and deliver revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This is a critical role in the organization focused on significantly building our brand awareness and revenue. In collaboration with the President, you will set the strategy for expanding the brand through partnerships and collaborations. You will bring your deep understanding of the brand. You’ll share your experience and insight into how partnerships can fuel growth.
In this dynamic position, you will identify and cultivate partnerships that range from brand licensing, marketing/fundraising, corporate relationships, entertainment/media and global expansion. You will focus your efforts on true market leaders with deep resources. You will be working with senior level executives across a wide array of industries, based on existing brand and licensing relationships and your own network. Internally, you will lead the execution of new initiatives which requires building internal momentum, teams and project plans. To assist you in this critical role, you will manage a team of 3 professionals with individual focus on managing the day-to-day of licensing partnerships, marketing/fundraising partnerships and corporate programs.
You will also be a key member of the Life is Good leadership team. In this capacity, you will be thinking as the Strategic Partnership department head and as an overall company leader. You will help build and execute overall company strategy and assist other members of the leadership team in problem solving and achieving objectives.
Examples of Things You Have Done
- You have developed and implemented successful licensing and brand expansion strategies
- You have creatively found common ground with potential partners
- You have demonstrated outstanding judgment in applying a brand "filter" to potential partnerships and agreement
- You have successfully executed significant partnerships and licensing agreements that enrich and strengthen both parties
- Your past successes include a variety of industries, partnerships and deals
- You thrive on uncertainty and love bringing new concepts to life
- You have worked with senior-level partners while developing outstanding internal and external relationships
- Your past work includes identifying, securing and managing brand licensing partners
- You have secured and executed a variety of high-impact marketing partnerships
- Your experience includes international expansion/international markets
- You have initiated and collaborated on media that brings brands to life: entertainment, influencer, publishing and more
How you’ll know you’re successful
- You will have delivered and executed on a short and long term brand expansion plan
- You will have developed strong internal and external relationships that fuel the brand
- Our President and Co-founders tell you “you get it” on a brand and strategic level
- Our President and Co-founders trust you to be the lead representative of the brand to external partners
- You and your team meet your annual goals
- Others view you as brand leader, a “company first” role model who uses superpowers consistently to grow our brand, business, community and culture
Job RequirementsExamples of Things You Will Do
- Gather insights and knowledge about the Life is Good brand at the highest level and develop a strategic partnership plan to meet short and long-term objectives
- Demonstrate successful top-level representation of the Life is Good brand
- Partner with all stakeholders in the Life is Good organization (wholesale, ecommerce, product, marketing, operations, Life is Good Kids Foundation) to determine their strategic needs and how partnerships can help achieve them
- Provide leadership needed to establish, inspire and and motivate internal and external teams
- Identify and cultivate brand-enhancing partnership opportunities
- Provide and manage project and resource plans across all partnerships including licensing, marketing, fundraising, entertainment and global relationships
- Be a strategic partner to the President and an active member of the senior leadership team
- Provide excellent cultural leadership and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Travel to meet with licensing partners, prospective partners, and brand leaders
Your Personal Attributes
- Be an enthusiastic brand ambassador and a cultural leader
- Embody the Life is Good mission and Super Powers at all times
- Have a player-coach approach to your work
- Speak and write clearly, simply and succinctly
- Present a consistently steady and optimistic demeanor
- Share our passion for social impact
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years in brand marketing, licensing or business development in related industries.
- Knowledge of licensing and partnership negotiation
- Experience in international markets
- Strong manager of direct teams and cross-functional teams
- Strong external network
- MBA preferred
Salarycommensurate with experience and scope
How to ApplyWe love taking care of our candidates.
The best way to be sure you'll be considered immediately and get a prompt response is to apply here: https://life-is-good.workable.com/j/2B10123292
Please don't use email, LinkedIn or other channels.