March 17, 2017
Ohio, United States of America
Type of Employment
About the CompanyGirl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Job DescriptionPURPOSE: The Recruitment Manager is responsible for actively increasing Girl Scout girl and adult membership in all Girl Scout Pathways (Troop, Series, Camp, Event), to meet council and service unit membership goals through management and support for recruitment volunteers in assigned service unit.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: Incumbent is accountable for, but not limited to:
• Establish and implement a recruitment plan for new girls and adults through troops, volunteer led series, camp, events and experiential adult recruitments in assigned service unit to meet council and service unit membership goals. Work with community engagement manager to evaluate plan and adjust as needed to meet membership objectives;
• Develop new and enhance existing community partnerships to recruit new girls and adults, including principals, community centers and churches;
• Recruit, prepare and manage volunteer recruitment team including recruitment chair and school coordinators for assigned service units;
• Provide onboarding support to new volunteers including support to complete background check, application and registration process; informing regarding training options and ensuring leaders are prepared to register troop/group girls and parents;
• Partner with the community outreach managers to develop and implement plans for gaps in recruiting in under-served communities to meet council recruitment goals;
• Partner with community engagement manager to develop overall community plan for assigned service units;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Marketing Skill: Attracts support for the Girl Scout program, its key messages and products, by promoting visibility and credibility of Girl Scouts in the community and to girls.
• Networking: Maintains and fosters contacts inside and/or outside the council and GSUSA to gather information, receive support and solve problems.
• Adaptability: Adjusts, modifies own behavior and remains flexible in response to changing situations and environments, new or rapidly changing information, unexpected obstacles or people expressing varying perspectives, needs, and demands; maintains high performance, emotional composure, objectivity and balanced perspective under pressure, shifting priorities, opposition or situational ambiguity.
• Judgment and Decision-Making: Recognizes when immediate action is required; recognizes when sufficient information has been obtained to make a decision; makes decisions where appropriate or refers decisions to the appropriate organizational level; makes decisions without undue delay.
• Self-Management: Assesses own skills and abilities and identifies areas for improvement; willingly accepts constructive feedback; seeks developmental opportunities; sets and achieves goals; works independently.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Ability to work in a team environment with commitment to contributing to the organizational goals.
• Ability to self-manage and multi-task, identifying how to accomplish multiple priorities to accomplish objectives
• Knowledge of and/or experience in sales and marketing.
• Available to work evenings and weekends.
• Current valid driver's license and functioning vehicle for work within the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio region.
• Understanding of the applications of the Girl Scout program, philosophy and policies (may be acquired upon employment).
• Successful completion of fingerprinting and a criminal background check as required by Ohio law.
• Commitment to making a difference in girls' lives as expressed in the Ends statements; mission and goals for girls, as noted in the Board Policy Manual.
• Other requirements as determined by Girl Scouts of Western Ohio.