March 16, 2017
California, United States of America
Type of Employment
About the CompanySanrio is the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty, who celebrated her 40th Anniversary in 2014. Home to many endearing characters including Chococat, My Melody, Badtz-Maru and Keroppi, Sanrio was founded on the ‘small gift, big smile’ philosophy – that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. Since 1960, this philosophy has served as the inspiration for the broad spectrum of unique products and experiences.
Job DescriptionDirects licensing and emerging business development efforts across North America and Canada territories. Divisional P&L responsibilities. Provide strategic direction and manage category heads. Specific activities include identifying, evaluating and negotiating the execution of licensing opportunities across the portfolio of assets, developing new businesses and assessing new business model opportunities. Assess and analyze critical licensing and character branding business models and players industry-wide. Develop growth strategies and portfolio plans across multiple channels. Define and analyze critical new business development opportunities for the company. Create business and marketing plans for new initiatives and ventures.
Job Requirements• BS/BA degree (MBA preferred) and 8+ years in licensing, retail, brand management, business development or related field.
• Familiarity with character licensing and brand management
• Must possess strong strategic and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
• Must have strong presentation skills
• Must be able to interact with all levels of management
• Excellent communicator both oral and written
• Results-oriented, decisive
• Innovative/creative problem solver and a driver of change
• Personal and professional integrity
• Team player, willingness to learn
• Ability to work effectively within a rapidly changing organization
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and should be able to be flexible, adapting to shifting priorities on multiple assignments
• Position must be available for limited travel both domestically and internationally
• General understanding of licensing industry and its key players
• Proven ability to effectively lead teams and partners (licensees) through change
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to define a clear vision and motivate others to develop high performing teams
SalaryTBD, per experience
How to ApplySend resume and salary requirement to:
Attn: H.R. Department
Job Code: LIMA-LD
570 Eccles Ave.
So San Francisco, CA 94080