Insights to North American Brand Licensing & Merchandising
Nordic’s first ever brand licensing conference is taking place on October 4th, 2018 in Helsinki, Finland. The conference will gather hundreds of licensing professionals and enthusiasts from Finland and the Nordic region as well as international guests. This is a rare opportunity for the Northern European brand licensing community to come together, learn, and network, and we invite you to become a part of it!
Themed “Insights to North America Brand Licensing”, the conference will enlighten Finnish and Nordics licensing professionals and enthusiasts about the best brand licensing practices to date and provide practical insights from four industry experts visiting from the United States of America.
The conference will include four speaking sessions by international industry experts, networking lunch and coffee breaks, breakout sessions with the speakers. This event is must for everyone who is looking to develop their licensing expertise, seeks networking within a field, or considers finding potential business opportunity within the licensing area.
The program of the one-day conference includes presentations given by four industry experts from the U.S. The speakers are:
- Pete Canalichio, author and speaker, president of Licensing Brands Inc, licensing professional with several decades of professional experience with such brands as Coca-Cola, NASCAR, FIFA, NHL, and many others. “When a company looks to grow by expanding its brands, it does so by taking the brand beyond its current confines – into areas where it hasn’t previously been. To do properly, every brand that is looking to go beyond what it is currently known for, regardless of the mechanism it intends to use, needs to discover its expansion point”
- Anita Castellar, CEO of FanGirl Consulting and Brand Management, licensing professional with past working experience with Star Wars brand at Disney, Lucasfilm and Hasbro. “For the fans…by the fans: Discover how to build compelling strategies to tap into, harness and grow your brand’s fan base through consumer product licensing.”
- Andrew Lawrence, licensing director of Pyramid International, manager of licensing acquisitions; 10 years of experience in negotiation and extension of the agency’s licenses, including Nintendo, the Beatles, Deadpool, and many others. “With so many properties in entertainment licensing, and with new brands emerging all the time, how can you identify IPs that will resonant with fans and with retailers? How can you identify niche communities that love a brand enough to support consumer products? How can licensees and licensors ensure that the product they make speaks to the unique “secret language” of their fandom? How is the evolving landscape of how people are consuming media effect fan’s appetite for consumer product?”
- Michael Melby, director of consumer products at Crunchyroll, 15+ years of experience in in licensing, merchandising, and retail development with VIZ Media, Chronicle Books, and Ellation Inc. (Crunchyroll, VRV). “How to develop a unique licensing program by understanding the property, audience and risks of running a global licensing program”
The speakers will cover important subjects of brand licensing, including the best practices of licensing a brand, developing a brand licensing strategy, brand engagement, global brand extension, and protecting licensing brands.
9.00 – 9.45 Reception and coffee
9.45 – 10.00 Opening words
10.00 – 10.40 Pete Canalichio: “Solving the Brand Expansion Riddle”
10.40 – 11.20 Anita Castellar: “Fan Focused licensing: Strategic licensing to harness the power of your brand”
11.20 – 12.55 Networking lunch
13.00 – 13.40 Andrew Lawrence: “Identifying Successful IPs in a Crowded Landscape”
13.40 – 14.20 Coffee break
14.20 – 15.00 Michael Melby: “Understanding fandoms and protecting brands to serve them”
15.00 – 15.50 Breakout Sessions
16.00 – 16.30 Closing words
Ticket price includes:
Ticket price includes breakfast, lunch, afternoon coffees
About the Host
Established in Helsinki in February 2016, Flowhaven is the first licensing relationship management (LRM) solution for IPR, licensing, and merchandising programs.
Sponsors of the Event Include
- Business Finland, Finland’s major public funding agency
- NewCo, a Helsinki-based business advisory hub
- Agma, the Association of Agents and Managers in Creative Industries of Finland
- LIMA, the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association