Did You Know…
Licensing is a marketing and brand extension tool widely used by everyone from major corporations to the smallest of businesses. Entertainment, sports and fashion are the areas of licensing most readily apparent to consumers, but this global business reaches into the worlds of corporate brands, art, publishing, colleges and non-profit groups, to name a few.
Did You Know…
- Home Décor is the fastest growing licensed product category at retail?
- In China, Boonie Bears is the most mentioned license among children/parents ages 0-9?
- Licensors are beginning to work with retailers to bring the fast-growing personalization concept to brick-and-mortar?
- For children aged 0-2, The Wiggles still rule in Australia – followed by Peppa Pig?
- Southeast Asia/Pacific was the fastest growing region in terms of retail sales of licensed products in 2015?
- With the uneven box office performance of many highly-promoted movies this year, licensees say they’re increasingly dependent on products tied to the “classic” versions of those properties?
- Globally, Batman is the most mentioned license among kids/parents ages 0-14?
As the trade association for the licensing industry, LIMA has all the statistics and data you need on this dynamic global industry.
Need international numbers? The LIMA Annual Global Licensing Report quantifies worldwide royalty rates and accompanying retail sales by property type and product category.Global Licensing Report
Interested in what kids have to say about brands and characters? Check out our collection of consumer survey reports across a variety of categories in 31 nations around the world.Kidz Global Study
Looking for the latest industry buzz? LIMA publishes Inside Licensing twice per month, featuring in-depth reporting on all things licensing.Inside Licensing
LIMA members can access all of this data — and more! — through licensing.org. Not a member? Why not? So many reasons to JOIN NOW!