Brand Licensing Conference Expands Licensing Route in India
Written by: Gargi Bhardwaj
The LIMA supported Brand Licensing Conference 2015 drew close to 100 licensing professionals including brand owners, licensees, consultants, legal professionals, manufacturers and retailers to Pragati Maidan on 18th October during this week’s Franchise India Expo.
LIMA SVP Martin Brochstein set the tone for the forum, briefing the audience on licensing practices at the conference opening.
Featured sessions include:
- Samir Jain, COO & Executive Director, Green Gold Animation Pvt. Ltd.; Rocky S, Founder, Rocky Star; and Gaurav Gera for ‘Shopkeeper by Gaurav Gera’ talking about the shift of the current retail landscape towards eCommerce and digital properties, as well as “getting Millennials to buy.”
- Sunny Chau, Director – Thailand and Rajesh Bhagat, India Consultant for the Hong Kong Trade Development Council discussing the nuances involved in bringing the Indian perspective to Asia, along with tips for Indian manufacturers, licensees and licensors on upgrading their business through licensing. The session featured.
- Yannick Colaco, Managing Director, NBA; Anurag Sachdeva, Country Director (India & South Asia), Rovio; and Vishal Y. Sinha, Business Head, Brand Sanjeev Kapoor sharing insights on Maximizing the Effectiveness of a Licensing Program. The session featured many discussion points, including digital entertainment trends, the licensing of niche brands, and the importance of style guides to the potential of a licensing program.
- Hardik Vasa, Owner, Vasa International and Lubeina Shahpurwala, Co-Founder, Mustang Socks & Accessories leading “The Licensee Speaks” – a session focused on the importance of understanding the licensee perspective of the licensee
- Pritti Ravindra, Director, Brandspoke and Martin Brochstein discussed the increased significance of licensing agents in the current retail scene as brands expand through licensing in “Agent Speaks.”
- Safir Anand, Partner, Anand and Anand; Chris Evans, Managing Director, Oxford Ltd.; and Swapnadip Ghosh Majumdar, GM – Licensing & Merchandising, Universal Music Group discussing the value of Intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights and design registrations in the Comprehensive IP Protection Model session.
- Manish Mandhana, Managing Director, Being Human (Mandhana Industries) and Akhilesh Sharma, General Manager, Rohit Bal Designs Pvt. Ltd. debated the lucrative opportunities in brands as well as retail innovation driven by changing consumerism. Mandhana spoke about celebrity, fashion and charity amalgamated in Being Human, while Sharma provided insight into the strategies being rolled out by Rohit Bal Designs to tap the new consumer.
Thank you to all who attended!