Rising Stars Award
Congratulations to the 2018 LIMA Rising Stars!
LIMA has announced the recipients of this year’s Rising Stars Award. This accomplished group of young professionals will be recognized at the LIMA’s International Licensing Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, May 22 during Licensing Expo. This year’s Rising Stars Award winners are as follows:
- Mandy Bardisbanian, Buyer – Cosmetics, Hot Topic
- Fernanda Coutinho, Associate Director, Brand Management, Beanstalk
- Peter Cross, Brand Manager, Broad Street Licensing Group
- Nick Manzo, Account Director, Seltzer Licensing
- Leon Maratchi, Senior Manager of Retail, Cartoon Network
- Meghan Mernin, Director, Licensing, Epic Rights
- Mimi Nicosia, Senior Manager, CPG, Nickelodeon
- Mariana Orvananos, Head of Marketing, La Panaderia Licensing & Marketing
- Sally Russell, Associate Licensing Manager, Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation
- Danielle Tanton, Live Events and Attractions Manager, DHX Brands
“The Rising Stars Awards recognize the next generation of leaders in the licensing business – those who show true tenacity and have impacted their companies and the industry right from the start,” said LIMA Executive Vice President Maura Regan.
“We received a tremendous number of worthy candidates and finalizing the list down to this select group was an enormous challenge. We are excited to honor and celebrate them amongst their peers at our Awards Ceremony and look forward to hearing more from these future game-changers in the years to come.”
- 35 years old and under, with 1-7 years of experience.
- Demonstrates a commitment to and passion for the licensing industry.
- Seeks additional professional development opportunities to improve skills.
- Has shown innovation in planning and implementing successful licensing strategy.
- Demonstrates leadership potential.
Previous Recipients of LIMA’s Rising Stars Award:
2017: Scott Halpern, WWE; Yuki Jinza, Laura Ashley Japan; Curtis Matthews, Striker Entertainment; Ryan McDonald, NFL Players Inc.; Lauren Montemaro, Beanstalk; Will Ochoa, Turner Broadcasting; Claire Pierce, Meredith Corporation; Becky Quinn, Sesame Workshop; Naomi Rosenzweig, Berkshire Fashions; Nancy Sanieoff, Brand Central LLC; Andi Scher, Richmond Management Group; Nicole Silberstein, License! Global; Samantha Yang, Shanghai Skynet Brand Management Corp., Ltd
2016: Katelyn Cozzi, Mattel; Stephanie Marlis, Creative Licensing Corporation
2015: Stephanie Candiloro, Warner Bros. Consumer Products; Milin Shah, Earthbound LLC
2014: Ivonne Feliciano, Sesame Workshop; Kelley Davison, Added Extras
2013: Lauren Fields, Brand Central LLC; Marisa Marionakis, Cartoon Network
2012: Will DePippo, Sesame Workshop; Caitlin Gutekunst, Mind Candy; Andrew Ostrom, Harley-Davidson Motor Company; Jess Richardson, WWE; Anthony Shaut, Spielman Koenigsberg & Parker LLP; David Tovey, Mind Candy; Emily Wickerham, IMC Licensing