Frequently Asked Awards Questions
How do I enter?
Complete the online entry form – hard copies, faxes, and email versions will not be accepted. The 2017 online entry form will be posted in December.
When is the deadline?
February 1, 2017
Will I be able to get an extension on the deadline?
No, entries will not be accepted after the deadline.
Who can enter?
- Licensing Agents
- Retailers who sell licensed product
- Promotions that utilized licensed properties and/or licensed product
- Locations or Events that utilized licensed properties
Do I have to be a member of LIMA to enter?
No. The awards are open to the worldwide licensing industry.
Is there a fee to enter?
What is the criteria?
• Program, product, or promotion must involve a specific licensed property.
• Product must have been available at retail during the calendar year 2016.
• Demonstrate overall excellence of licensing program, product, or promotion.
• Product/promotion must have demonstrated outstanding and/or unusual creative execution of artwork and/or product design.
• Show creative or unique merchandising of program/product/promotion.
Can I submit more than one entry into the awards program?
Can I submit more than one entry into a specific category?
Can I submit more than one licensed promotion?
Yes, however, you may not submit more than one promotion utilizing the same licensed property.
Can I save my entry if it’s not finished to work on at another time?
No. You must complete the entire online entry at one time.
Can I review my entry before submitting?
Yes. You will be able to go back and edit your entry form before submitting.
Who will see my entry form?
Only the members of the Awards Committee. All entry forms are kept confidential and no information is permitted to leave the meeting.
How are the nominees selected?
The Awards Committee will review and score each entry. The five entrants with the highest score in each category will be placed on the ballot.
Who votes for the winners?
The LIMA membership.
When will the winners be announced?
At the LIMA Awards Ceremony, which will take place during Licensing Expo 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada.